Valley-Bay Therapy is a locally owned and managed therapy company specializing in geriatric rehabilitation for more than 25 years. Valley-Bay’s family based morals and values allow us to approach therapy treatment in a more complete manner. We take the time to get to know the people we treat. In addition to applying the most current methods and technology, we strive to employ the most dynamic people. As such, much of our staff has been with the organization for 10 years or more.
Valley-Bay Therapy, Inc. is currently seeking a dynamic, energetic, team-player to join our company! We have an opening in the Green Bay area for a PART-TIME or PRN Registered Physical Therapist based upon your availability. This role is a vital part of ensuring operations flow smoothly on a daily basis. If you are highly organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, and convey a positive, “can-do” attitude you could be the perfect fit for our organization.
- Review available patient information and evaluate the impact of this information on the assessment and treatment process.
- Conducts and documents a thorough functional assessment of the patient utilizing standardized procedures. Includes home/vocational and equipment needs.
- Develop and implement an individualized treatment plan based on patient needs and containing achievable functional goals.
- Comply with evaluation, treatment and documentation guidelines.
- Record patient progress in the patient record a minimum of every 10 days.
- Revise treatment plans, as needed, throughout the treatment process.
- Documents the course of treatment in a clear, concise manner, including a discharge summary utilizing the prescribed format.
- Instruct Assistants in treatment procedures to be utilized and provide close supervision while such staff is working with patients.
- Orient patients to program services and treatment procedures appropriate to their needs. Inform patients of any potential risk during any procedure.
- Work with nursing staff, patient and families to maximize patient’s use of functional abilities.
- Establish and instruct patient and family/other caregiver in exercises and therapeutic procedures to be continued following discharge.
- Assist in the referral process when a patient requires additional services following discharge. Maintain current knowledge of community resources.
- Attend and participate in rehabilitation team conferences regarding patient progress, problem or needs.
- Attend and participate in other department/facility meetings, as required.
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical competency.
- Participate in the quality improvement process by responding appropriately to results of medical record audits, patient/referral source satisfaction surveys safety activities and regulatory requirements.
- Act in compliance with VBT Management policies and procedures, State, Federal and Professional Organization regulatory and professional standards and guidelines.
- Provide input to the Lead Therapist on clinical performance of assistants as requested and appropriate.
- Promote the programs and services of VBT through formal and informal interactions with the community.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor of Science, Masters or Doctorate degree in Physical Therapy.
- Current license/certification in Wisconsin.
- Experience with Casamba Therapy software preferred, but not required
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills.
- Demonstrated competency in applying principles, methods, materials and equipment used in physical therapy.
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements.
- Ability to work an 8 hour day/shift and to walk, bend, drive, stand, sit and reach constantly during that shift.
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility.
If you are interested in working for a company that values your work, respects your time, and helps you truly make a difference every day, please submit your resume to Ashley at [email protected]
Please submit information to the attached link below.