Valley-Bay Therapy, Inc. currently has immediate openings for Physical Therapist Assistants! Juggling your home life and your career can be an enormous challenge. Let us help you find the perfect balance! You set your own availability! We are seeking a dynamic, energetic, team-player to join our company! We have openings in the Fond du Lac, Waupun and Green Bay areas for PRN Physical Therapist Assistants. This role is a vital part of ensuring operations flow smoothly on a daily basis. If you are highly organized, self-motivated, able to multi-task, and convey a positive, “can-do” attitude you could be the perfect fit for our organization.
Valley-Bay Therapy is a locally owned and managed therapy company specializing in geriatric rehabilitation for more than 25 years. Valley-Bay’s family based morals and values allow us to approach therapy treatment in a more complete manner. We take the time to get to know the people we treat. In addition to applying the most current methods and technology, we strive to employ the most dynamic people. As such, much of our staff has been with the organization for 10 years or more.
Summary Statement: The Physical Therapist Assistant performs physical therapy treatments under the clinical supervision of the Physical Therapist. The PTA participates as a member of the interdisciplinary team providing support and information within the area of Physical Therapy.
- Provide Physical Therapy treatments to patients according to treatment plans developed by the Physical Therapist
- Assist the Physical Therapist when performing tests, evaluations, and complex treatment procedures
- Observe, record, and report to the Physical Therapist the patient conditions reactions and responses related to treatment
- Maintain daily records of treatments and document progress notes on patients as directed by the Physical Therapist
- Assist the Physical Therapist in consulting with family members, physicians and other health care professionals as appropriate
- Assist with the care of the Physical Therapy department and equipment
- Assist the Physical Therapist with in-service programs and other meetings as assigned by the Physical Therapist
- Access continuing education opportunities appropriate to discipline and responsibilities in order to maintain clinical currency
- Attend and participate in staff meetings and other meetings as requested
- Act in compliance with VBT Management Policies and Procedures, State, Federal and Professional Organization regulatory standards and guidelines
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Graduate of an approved Physical Therapist Assistant program
- Current license/certification in Wisconsin
- Recent graduates are welcome
Training, Skills, Knowledge and/or Experience:
- Ability to understand and follow the directions of the Physical Therapist and the policies and procedures of VBT
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal and problem solving skills
- Knowledge of accreditation standards and compliance requirements
- Ability to work an 8 hour shift and to walk, bend, drive, stand, sit and reach constantly during that shift
- Ability to push wheeled equipment throughout the facility
- Ability to participate in sustained activity for up to 3 ½ hours at a time
- Flexible Scheduling
- Time to put your patients first
- Highly Skilled & Consistent Team
- State of the Art Treatment Modalities
- Supportive Work Environment
- Highly Competitive Rates
Please submit information to the attached link below.